Calling Denver his home since 2005, Chris Zacher grew up in St. Louis, MO, spending his free time in blues and jazz bars. Chris attended Maryville University in St. Louis, earning a bachelor’s of arts, and he also earned a Master’s of Business Administration from Fontbonne University. He has a vast amount of experience in accounting, budgeting, crisis management, contracting, community outreach, fundraising, live music production and talent scouting.
In 2012, Chris founded the Friends of Levitt Pavilion Denver and serves as CEO and Executive Director for Levitt Pavilion Denver in Ruby Hill Park. He is tasked with raising the funds to build a state-of-the-art amphitheater, and he will run the concert series when the venue opens in 2017. Levitt Pavilion Denver will offer 50 free concerts a year featuring local, national and international musicians.
Chris has been a member of the City Park Jazz Board of Directors since 2006 serving in various roles including Treasurer, Vice President and President. In 2015, he was awarded the title of Board Member Emeritus.
HONORS & AWARDS
- 2015 Cultural Leadership Award from the Colorado Business Committee for the Arts (CBCA) recognizing outstanding alumni of CBCA’s Leadership Arts program who have made a significant impact on arts & culture in Colorado through a personal commitment to the arts. Read More >
- Denver's Four Most Influential People in Entertainment in 2014
"If you’ve spent any time in Denver, you already know about the beautiful rolling hills in Ruby Hill Park. What you may not know is that Ruby Hill is the future home to the Levitt Pavilion, a new amphitheater that is being created by a nationwide non-profit dedicated to bringing free concerts to communities across the country. Chris Zacher is the Executive Director of the Levitt Pavilion, and he’s at the forefront of this community-driven goal to make the performing arts accessible to everyone. The goal of the Levitt Pavilion is to produce at least 50 free concerts per year, and the musicians that will be playing those concerts will be paid as well. It’s being considered a game-changer in the local music scene, which is currently surviving in an environment in which bands play for bar tabs and parking fare. The Levitt Pavilion is a very exciting addition to the large venue options in Denver, ensuring that musicians’ work is valued, while also ensuring the accessibility of the arts for everyone, regardless of economic situation." - AXS.com Read More >
- Denver Business Journal's 2013 "Forty Under 40"
In 2013, Chris was recognized by the Denver Business Journal as one of Denver’s “Forty Under 40” for his commitment and leadership to Denver’s non-profit community. Read More >
- 2013 SCFD Rex Morgan Award Nominee
On November 20, 2013 Chris Zacher was honored as a nominee for SCFD's prestigious Rex Morgan Award. The award recognizes Denver residents whose leadership has made a significant impact on the arts, scientific and cultural community in the Scientific & Cultural Facilities District. Read More >
- July 2011 303 Magazine Profile >
- Board Member Emeritus, City Park Jazz
- President, City Park Jazz, 2010-2014
- Vice President, City Park Jazz, 2008-2010
- Treasurer, City Park Jazz, 2006-2008
- Member, Downtown Denver Partnership
- Participant, Downtown Denver Partnership's 2012 Urban Exploration trip to Chicago, 2013 trip to Toronto
- Participant, Downtown Denver Partnership's 2013 Urban Exploration trip to Toronto
- Participant, Downtown Denver Partnership's 2014 Urban Exploration trip to Seattle
- Graduate, 2012 Leadership Arts Program, Colorado Business Committee for the Arts (CBCA)
- Masters in Business Administration
- Bachelors in Psychology and Sociology
- Associates in Human Resources